Welcome to Grammy's Pies!
Pies tell the story of our family. When we celebrate, it is with a pie. When we have worked together, it has been with pies. When my husband was asked if he would like a piece of pie, his response used to be, "Yes, and I will take mine round, please." We enjoyed birthday pies and anniversary pies. Pies get served all year round at our home.Years ago my husband received a pie, all for himself, for a Father's Day gift. He loved it! But he loved sharing it even more. He took the whole pie and a hand full of forks and sat on the family room floor. Of course, the kids knew something fun was going to happen. They joined him on the floor, then the game began. He handed out the forks and told each one they could take their bite right out of the middle of the pie and it could be as big as they wanted, with one condition; not one crumb could fall. Now that was a challenge to some pre-teen and teen age children, to see who could get the biggest bite onto their fork and not spill. We found out who had the biggest mouth and we also found out that some had bigger eyes than their mouth could accommodate. It was more fun than we could ever dream. Just sitting around with one pie and a bunch of forks in hand. 

We have stories of eating and making pies in cities all over the United States and blue ribbons to show for it. There is nothing better than the aroma and esthetics of a baking pie. It is the smell of home. My daughter recently stated, "Mom, I know why you don't have candles burning in your home. You make your home smell good with the authentic and real experience attempted by the candles."
We want to share our experiences with you.
4 comments:
I love your blog! I love your pictures and experience with the group pie eating contest!
Your blog looks GREAT and the layout is fantastic. We especially like the colors in the background of your banner picture. We're excited for your updates and posts!
Oh, can I come to learn the secrets too!?! I am soo excited to add this to my blog list! :) That picture is adorable...
Post a Comment